Socket & Switch Installation Brentwood
(And surrounding areas)
Call – 01277 801560
Welcome to TM Hughes & Son Electrical Services. We install sockets and switches in Brentwood alongside various other electrical services.
We are a team of fully insured, experienced Electricians with NICEIC registration.
Do You Require New Sockets Or Switches In Your Home?
Several reasons indicate you need to upgrade the sockets and switches in your home.
Reasons To Replace Sockets
- Age: Your electrical outlets may need to be updated. Over time, sockets can wear out and become less effective or even hazardous.
- Safety: If you have sockets in potentially damp areas (like bathrooms, kitchens, or outdoors), you may want to replace them with Residual Current Device Sockets), which provide added protection against electrical shocks.
- Appearance: Old, discoloured, or damaged sockets affect your home’s appearance. Replacing them can help freshen up your rooms.
- Increased Capacity: If you often run out of sockets to plug into, you should replace single sockets with doubles or install new ones.
- Special Features: Now, sockets include USB ports, which can be very handy for charging devices like phones and tablets. There are also smart sockets that can be controlled remotely.
- Electrical Problems: If you’re experiencing problems such as sockets not working, frequent tripping of circuit breakers, or signs of burning, it’s essential to check the sockets and replace them if necessary.
- Energy Efficiency: Some modern sockets have energy-saving features, like built-in timers or motion sensors, that help reduce unnecessary power usage.
Reasons To Replace Switches
- Age: Switches can wear out over time and become less effective or even hazardous. Older switches may not operate smoothly or crack, which can expose the internal wiring.
- Safety: If a switch is not operating correctly (for instance, if it feels hot to the touch, sparks, or makes crackling noises), it could indicate a serious safety issue and should be replaced as soon as possible.
- Appearance: Replacing old, discoloured, or damaged switches can enhance your home’s aesthetics. Switches come in various designs and materials (such as plastic, metal, or even glass), so they can be updated to match a room’s decor.
- Functionality: You should replace a standard switch with a dimmer switch, which allows you to adjust the light levels in a room. This can create different moods and save energy. Or, replace a single-pole switch (one that controls light from one location) with a three-way switch (one that controls light from two locations) for added convenience.
- Smart Home Integration: Many people replace their traditional switches with smart switches, which can be controlled remotely via a smartphone app. These switches can often be programmed to turn on and off at set times, adding convenience and saving energy.
- Energy Efficiency: Some modern switches have energy-saving features. For instance, occupancy sensor switches automatically turn off the lights when no movement is detected in a room for a certain period of time, helping to save energy.
Contact Us Today
If you require new sockets or switches (or both) in your home, please get in touch with us today for a free, no-obligation quote. You can get in touch using the phone number or contact form below.