Smoke, Heat & Carbon Monoxide Alarms
Call – 01245 830560
Welcome to TM Hughes & Son Electrical Services Ltd. We install Smoke, Heat & Carbon Monoxide Alarms in Chelmsford.
- NICEIC Registered Electricians
- Free No-Obligation Quotes
- Fully Insured
Why Have Your Alarms Professionally Installed?
Professional alarm installation is essential in homes and rented properties for several reasons:
Alarm systems need to be installed correctly to function effectively. Our Electricians have the training and experience to ensure alarms are placed strategically for optimal performance.
Compliance With Building Regulations
There are specific building regulations for alarm installation. Our Electricians are up-to-date with these requirements and will ensure your alarms are installed in compliance with the regulations.
Interconnecting multiple alarms, whether wired or wireless, can be complex. An Electrician will properly set up the system so that all alarms sound when a threat is detected.
Time And Effort
Installing alarms can be time-consuming and challenging, particularly in larger properties. Hiring a professional simplifies the process, saving you time and effort.
Incorrectly installed alarms can fail to alert occupants to danger in time. With professional installation, you have confidence that the system is set up properly and will immediately alert everyone in the property in case of a fire or a CO leak.
Rental Property Requirements
For landlords, a professional installation ensures that alarms in rental properties are correctly installed and maintained. This helps protect tenants and potentially reduces liability issues related to fire or carbon monoxide incidents.
Training and Advice
An Electrician will advise on maintaining your alarms and what to do if they go off.
After installation, an electrician will test the system to ensure all components work correctly. They’ll check each alarm, the interlinking function, and backup batteries.
In summary, while it may be tempting to install alarms yourself, hiring a professional is often the safer and more reliable option.
Alarm Installation Recommendations
- Smoke Alarms: It is recommended to have at least one smoke alarm installed on every storey of the building used as living accommodation.
- Heat Alarms: A heat alarm is recommended in every kitchen.
- Carbon Monoxide Alarms: If your property has any rooms containing a fuel-burning appliance (e.g., a gas Boiler, a coal fire, a wood-burning stove etc.), then a carbon monoxide detector must be present. Also.
- Interlinking: The smoke and heat alarms should be interlinked. This means that all alarms throughout the property will sound when one alarm is triggered.
- Power Supply: Ideally, alarms should be powered by your home’s electrical system (“hardwired”) to ensure they work even when batteries run out. A backup battery should be included in case of power cuts.
Get A Free No-Obligation Survey & Quote
One of our NICEIC registered Electricians will design and price the best alarm system for your home.
Please contact us today using the phone number or contact form below to book a free no-obligation survey and quote undertaken by one of our Electricians.
Hi, I’m Terry the founder and owner of TM Hughes & Son Electrical Services
Please get in touch using the Phone Numbers or Contact Form below