Call – 01702 911560
Welcome to TM Hughes & Son Electrical Services. We are established and reputable Electricians, providing Rewiring in Southend and various other Electrical services.
With years of experience in the industry, we pride ourselves on high-quality Electrical installations, customer satisfaction and adherence to the highest safety standards.
Our services include
Reasons For Rewiring Your Home Or Business
There are several reasons why you would consider rewiring your property:
- Age of the property: Older buildings often need updated electrical systems that can handle the demands of modern appliances and technology. Rewiring ensures that your electrical system is up-to-date and capable of handling increased electrical loads.
- Frequent electrical issues: If you experience recurring electrical problems such as blown fuses, tripping circuit breakers, or fluctuating power supply, Rewiring can help resolve these issues and improve the safety and efficiency of your electrical system.
- Renovation or extension projects: When undertaking significant home or business renovations or extensions, upgrades to the electrical system are usually required to accommodate the changes and ensure that all wiring meets current safety standards.
- Compliance with safety standards and regulations: Electrical systems must adhere to specific safety standards and regulations. If your property’s wiring needs to be updated, it may not be up to the latest safety standards and may even be unsafe. Rewiring will bring it up to standard and prevent potential hazards.
Signs That You Might Need A Rewire
Here are some common signs that your property may require a rewire:
- Frequently blown fuses or tripping circuit breakers: If your electrical system is continually overloading and causing fuses to blow or circuit breakers to trip, your wiring may need to be updated and able to handle the electrical demands of your property.
- Flickering or dimming lights: Inconsistent lighting can indicate a wiring issue or an overloaded circuit. If you notice lights flickering or dimming, it’s worth having your electrical system inspected.
- A burning smell or discoloured outlets: A burning smell or discoloured outlets indicates overheating, which can result from old or damaged wiring. This is potentially a serious safety hazard and requires immediate attention.
- Old or damaged wiring: If you can visibly see damaged or frayed wiring or notice that the wiring insulation is brittle or cracked, your wiring is old and may need replacing.
- Old Fuse Box with wire fuses: Old Fuse Boxes with wire fuses indicate your property needs a modern Consumer Unit and most likely rewiring.
Reasons For Replacing A Traditional Fuse Box
Upgrading from a traditional fuse box to a modern consumer unit has several benefits:
- Enhanced safety and protection: Modern consumer units have circuit breakers and residual current devices (RCDs) that provide much better protection against electrical faults and reduce the risk of overload, electrical fires and electrocution.
- Easier troubleshooting and maintenance: Circuit breakers in consumer units make identifying and resolving electrical issues easier, as they can be reset when tripped, unlike traditional fuses that need wire replaced.
- Increased energy efficiency: Upgrading your fuse box can help improve energy efficiency by reducing the risk of overloaded circuits and ensuring that your electrical system operates at optimal capacity.
- Compliance with current electrical regulations: Replacing a traditional fuse box with a modern consumer unit ensures that your property meets current electrical regulations and safety standards, providing peace of mind your Electrical system is safe.
Inspecting Wires And Understanding Wire Colours
The colour of the wires provides valuable information about their age, which is a good indicator if a replacement is necessary.
For example, black or red wires for live connections and green or even bare copper wires for grounding are standard in older systems over 45 years old.
Modern wiring uses brown for live connections and blue for neutral connections, with yellow and green stripes for the earth.
Understanding these colour differences helps identify the age of your wiring and if a Rewire may be necessary.
However, it is essential to rely on a professional electrician to undertake wire inspection, as they have the necessary expertise to establish the condition of the wiring.
We offer free no-obligation surveys where an Electrician visits your property and inspects and tests your wiring to confirm the condition of your Electrical system and if a full or partial Rewire is required.
You’ll be written a no-obligation quote if any upgrades are required to your wiring or Electrical system.
NICEIC Registration And Part P Building Regulations
Our Electricians are NICEIC Registered. The National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting (NICEIC) is a leading voluntary regulatory body for the electrical contracting industry in the UK.
NICEIC registration ensures that Electricians meet high standards of competence and adhere to strict safety guidelines.
TM Hughes & Son Electricians guarantee that the work on your property will be of the highest quality and comply with all relevant safety standards, including those of the NICEIC.
Part P of the UK building regulations pertains to electrical installations in dwellings. It ensures that all electrical work conducted in homes is safe and meets the required standards.
Compliance with Part P is mandatory. Non-compliance can result in fines and penalties.
By choosing TM Hughes & Son Electrical Services, you can be confident that your rewiring project will adhere to Part P regulations.
Why Choose TM Hughes & Son Electrical Services For Rewiring Your Property
There are several reasons why you should consider TM Hughes & Son Electrical Services for Rewiring your property:
- Expertise and experience: With years of experience in the industry, we have the expertise to handle a wide range of electrical projects, including rewiring for residential and commercial properties.
- NICEIC registration and adherence to Part P building regulations: Our electricians are NICEIC registered and committed to following Part P building regulations, ensuring that your rewiring project is completed to the highest safety standards.
- Full range of services: We offer a complete range of electrical services, including Rewiring, Consumer Unit upgrades, electrical inspections, and more. You can rely on us for all your electrical needs.
- Commitment to customer satisfaction: We are dedicated to providing exceptional customer service and ensuring that every client is satisfied with the work carried out on their property.
Contact Us Today
Please get in touch with us today using the Phone Number or Form below if you would like to book a free no-obligation survey and quote for Rewiring, have any questions or need anything else.
Hi, I’m Terry the founder and owner of TM Hughes & Son Electrical Services
Please get in touch using the Phone Numbers or Contact Form below