Socket & Switch Installation Wickford
(And surrounding areas)
Call – 01268 351560
Are you a home or business owner looking for Socket & Switch installation in Wickford?
Then look no further. We are TM Hughes & Son Electrical Services Ltd, a team of fully insured NICEIC registered Electricians. Our services include the fitting of Sockets & Switches.
We would like to offer you a free, no-obligation survey and quote undertaken by one of our experienced Electricians. Please contact us to book your free survey and quote.
Upgrading Sockets & Switches
Home or business owners might consider upgrading their sockets and switches for a few key reasons:
Outdated sockets and switches can be a fire hazard or pose a risk of electrical shocks. New ones comply with the latest safety standards, reducing such risks.
Increased Power Needs
As the number of electrical devices in use grows, additional sockets may be needed to avoid overloading circuits with multi-plug extensions.
New sockets often come with built-in features like USB ports or smart technology compatibility, making life more convenient and reducing clutter.
Modern switches, like dimmers or timers, can help reduce energy consumption, lowering utility bills.
Upgraded sockets and switches enhance interior design, especially when matched to your decor.
Updated electrical fittings can increase the appeal of your property, which is beneficial if you are considering selling.
Whatever your reasons for upgrading your Sockets & Switches, we can help you.
All Types Of Sockets & Switches Installed
We fit all types of Sockets & Switches, which include
- Double Socket: It is designed to accommodate two devices and allows simultaneous usage without compromising safety.
- Floor Socket: Specifically installed into the floor, providing a discreet power source for floor lamps or equipment.
- Single Socket: A basic socket design accommodates one device.
- Switched Socket: Contains an inbuilt switch, enabling power supply control without unplugging the device.
- Unswitched Socket: Lacks an integrated switch, providing continuous power supply when plugged.
- USB Socket: Designed with built-in USB ports, permitting direct charging of mobile devices.
- Weatherproof Socket: Built for outdoor use, resistant to rain and adverse weather conditions.
- Dimmer Switch: Allows control over light brightness, enhancing ambience and saving energy.
- Double Pole Switch: Disconnects both live and neutral connections for safety, commonly used for heavy-duty appliances.
- Four-way Switch: Combined with two three-way switches to control lights from three or more locations.
- Intermediate Switch: Ideal for large rooms with multiple entries, it sits between two two-way switches to control a light from three locations.
- Motion Sensor Switch: Activates lights when movement is detected, which is beneficial for security and energy efficiency.
- Pull Cord Switch: Used predominantly in bathrooms, it offers a safe way to switch on/off lights with wet hands.
- Rocker Switch: Designed with a rocking mechanism for easy on/off operations, popular in modern homes.
- Single Pole Switch: Controls an electrical circuit from one location, typically for room lights.
- Smart Switch: Integrates with home automation systems, allowing remote control and programmability.
- Three-way Switch: Allows light control from two locations, commonly used in large rooms or hallways.
- Timer Switch: Enables programming of lights or devices to turn on/off at specific times, improving energy efficiency.
- Toggle Switch: Classic design with a lever for control, provides a tactile response.
- Touch Switch: Operated by a simple touch, often incorporating LED backlighting for added aesthetic.
- Two-way Switch: Allows control of a single light from two locations, convenient for rooms with two entries.
- Weatherproof Switch: Designed to resist weather effects, perfect for outdoor usage or damp environments.
- Wireless Switch: Operated remotely, it reduces wiring needs and offers flexible placement.
Hi, I’m Terry the founder and owner of TM Hughes & Son Electrical Services
Please get in touch using the Phone Numbers or Contact Form below