Socket & Switch Installation Benfleet
(And surrounding areas)
Call – 01268 351560
Welcome to TM Hughes & Son Electrical Services Ltd. We install Sockets and Switches in Benfleet.
We offer a range of other Electrical services also. All work is undertaken by experienced NICEIC-registered Electricians with full insurance.
Please get in touch with us for a free, no-obligation quote.
Need New Sockets & Switches?
Installing new switches and sockets in your home can serve multiple purposes.
- Upgrading safety: by replacing old or faulty sockets and switches.
- Integrating modern conveniences: Such as installing modern smart switches.
- Boosting the aesthetics of your living spaces: Introducing stylishly designed fixtures that harmonise with the interior decor.
- Expanding capacity: Such as increasing the number of outlets to accommodate more appliances or using dimmer switches to control light levels.
- Enhancing energy conservation: With the help of advanced switches or outlets that minimise wasteful electricity consumption.
Whether incorporated as part of a wider refurbishment project or as independent enhancements, new Sockets & Switches can significantly improve your home’s safety, usability, and energy efficiency.
Types Of Sockets
In the United Kingdom, electrical sockets adhere to British Standards (BSI), and the most common type is the Type G socket, with several types available.
All UK sockets are required to be shuttered for safety. These shutters automatically close the live and neutral contacts when no plug is inserted, preventing accidental contact with live electrical parts.
Single & Double Sockets
- Contains one outlet for plugging in a single device.
- It’s used to power a single device or appliance at a time.
- Ideal for areas where you have limited devices or appliances to plug in.
- Occupies less wall space than a double socket.
- Contains two outlets, allowing for two devices to be plugged in simultaneously.
- Ideal for areas where multiple devices or appliances need to be plugged in.
- Provides convenience by accommodating more devices without the need for an extension lead.
- Occupies more wall space compared to a single socket.
Variations Of Single & Double Sockets
- USB Sockets: USB sockets feature one or more USB ports, enabling users to charge devices like smartphones or tablets without requiring a USB power adapter.
- Outdoor Sockets: Designed for exterior use, these are weatherproof and sealed to protect against dust and water.
- RCD Sockets: Fitted with a Residual Current Device (RCD) for additional safety. They offer protection from electric shock and are especially useful for plug-in appliances used outdoors.
- Smart Sockets: Smart sockets can be controlled remotely through a smartphone app. They can be scheduled to turn on and off at set times.
Types Of Switches
Here are some of the main types of switches we install
- One-Way Switches: A one-way switch, or single-pole switch, controls a single light or set of lights from one location,
- Two-Way Switches: Two-way switches control a single device from two different locations. For instance, a light in a hallway can be turned on or off from both ends of the hallway.
- Dimmer Switches: These switches allow you to adjust the brightness level of lights.
- Pull Cord Switches: Commonly found in bathrooms or areas where hands may be wet, these switches are operated by a pull cord.
- Smart Switches: Smart switches can be controlled remotely via a smartphone app, smart home system, or voice control device.
Hi, I’m Terry the founder and owner of TM Hughes & Son Electrical Services
Please get in touch using the Phone Numbers or Contact Form below