Call – 01268 351560
TM Hughes & Son Electrical Services Ltd offers Rewiring in Rayleigh. We have provided electrical services to the local residents and businesses for many years.
With a reputation for quality workmanship, safety, and customer satisfaction, our team of experienced electricians will fulfil all your rewiring needs.
Why Choose TM Hughes & Son for Your Rewiring Needs
Here are a few reasons why you should choose TM Hughes & Son Electrical Services to Rewire your property.
Experienced And Qualified Electricians
At TM Hughes & Son, we take pride in our team of skilled and knowledgeable Electricians.
As NICEIC registered professionals, our Electricians have undergone comprehensive training and hold relevant certifications to provide top-quality Rewiring services.
With years of experience under their belts, our Electricians are equipped to handle all Rewiring projects, big and small, in domestic and commercial settings.
Competitive Pricing And Transparency
At TM Hughes & Son, we understand that Rewiring projects are a significant investment.
We offer competitive pricing and transparent quotes to our clients. In addition, we provide free, no-obligation surveys and quotes, giving you a clear and detailed understanding of the costs involved in your Rewiring without any hidden fees.
Whether you require full or partial Rewiring or a repair for your home, our team of Electricians can help. We specialise in Rewiring existing properties, new builds and renovations, ensuring that your electrical system is up-to-date, safe, and efficient.
Our expertise extends beyond residential Rewiring to include commercial properties as well. From office buildings to retail spaces and industrial facilities, our electricians have the skills and knowledge to handle any commercial rewiring project.
Do You Need A Rewire?
Several signs and factors will indicate that it’s time to consider Rewiring your property. Here are some key points to help you assess if your property requires rewiring:
- Age of the property: If your property is over 25-30 years old and the electrical system hasn’t been updated, it’s likely due for Rewiring. Older wiring systems may need to meet current safety standards and may need help to handle the increased electrical demands of modern appliances and devices.
- Type of wiring: Older properties may have outdated wiring in poor condition. An inspection will determine the condition of your wiring.
- Frequent electrical issues: If you experience recurring problems such as circuit breakers tripping, arcing sounds from sockets or lights flickering, these could be signs that your property’s wiring system is struggling to handle the electrical load or has deteriorated over time.
- Discoloured or warm outlets and switches: Discolored, charred, or warm outlets and switches may indicate overheating or damaged wiring, which could pose a fire risk.
- Burnt smells or buzzing sounds: Unexplained burnt smells or buzzing sounds from electrical outlets, switches, or appliances may be caused by faulty wiring.
- Insufficient outlets: If you rely heavily on extension cords and multi-plug adaptors to meet your electrical needs, your property’s electrical system needs to be updated and needs to be upgraded with additional outlets to cope with modern demand.
- Old Fuse Box: Older properties may have a traditional Fuse Box which lacks modern safety features, such as residual current devices (RCDs). Upgrading the electrical system with a new Consumer Unit will significantly reduce the risk of electrical shocks and fires.
- Renovations or major appliance upgrades: If you’re planning a significant renovation or installing new high-powered appliances, it’s an excellent opportunity to assess your property’s electrical system and consider rewiring to accommodate the increased electrical demands.
The best way to determine if your property needs Rewiring is to book a survey with one of our Electricians, who will thoroughly inspect your electrical system, identify any potential issues, and recommend the appropriate course of action based on their findings.
Following the survey, you’ll be written a No-Obligation quote for any required work.
If you suspect that your property may require Rewiring, it’s essential to have it checked and, if necessary, Rewired to ensure the safety and efficiency of your electrical system.
The Rewiring Process
Rewiring involves several steps, including.
Free Survey And No-Obligation Quote
One of our Electricians will inspect your existing wiring system to determine its condition, identify potential issues, and assess whether full or partial Rewiring is necessary.
The survey typically involves checking the age of the wiring, the type of cables used, and the condition of sockets, switches, and other electrical components.
Following the survey, you’ll receive a written quote.
If Rewiring work’s required and you’re happy to proceed, our Electrician will develop a Rewiring plan tailored to the property’s specific needs.
This plan outlines the work required, including the type and amount of wiring needed, the placement of sockets and switches, and any additional electrical components, such as Consumer Units and RCD fuses.
Removing Old Wiring
Our Electricians will safely remove the old, outdated, or damaged wiring from the property and ensure all waste is disposed of correctly.
Installing New Wiring And Components
New Electrical wires will be installed throughout the property according to the Rewiring plan.
This process may involve running wires through walls, ceilings, and floors and replacing or installing new sockets, switches, light fixtures, and other components.
Upgrading The Consumer Unit
An essential part of the rewiring process is upgrading the consumer unit to ensure it meets current safety standards.
This new Consumer Unit will include Residual Current Devices (RCDs) that protect against electrocution, electrical faults and electrical fires.
Testing And Certification
After the rewiring work is complete, the Electrician will perform a series of tests to ensure the new system is functioning correctly, is safe, and compliant with current regulations.
Once the tests are passed, the Electrician will issue an Electrical Installation Certificate to confirm the work meets the required standards.
Contact Us Today
Please get in touch and book your free no-obligation survey and quote using the phone number or form below.
Hi, I’m Terry the founder and owner of TM Hughes & Son Electrical Services
Please get in touch using the Phone Numbers or Contact Form below