Electrical Emergencies Rayleigh
Call – 01268 351560
Welcome to TM Hughes & Son Electrical Services Ltd. We attend Electrical Emergencies in Rayleigh.
When electrical emergencies strike in your home, it’s crucial to call a certified and experienced emergency electrician.
Our team of skilled electricians is ready to tackle any electrical issue, ensuring the safety of your family and property.
TM Hughes & Son Electrical Services offers a full range of electrical services with no call-out charges for electrical emergencies.
As a reputable NICEIC registered company, our team of qualified electricians adheres to stringent industry standards, guaranteeing safe and reliable repairs.
In addition, we are fully insured, providing an extra layer of protection for our customers.
With TM Hughes & Son, you can rest assured that your electrical emergencies will be handled by skilled professionals committed to delivering exceptional service without hidden costs.
Common Issues That Require An Emergency Electrician
Here are a few common electrical issues that require the attention of an emergency electrician.
(Never attempt to undertake electrical repairs yourself. Electricity is dangerous and can cause injury and even death. Always use a certified and insured professional).
Buzzing From Consumer Unit
Buzzing in a consumer unit can be caused by various factors, including loose connections, circuit overload and failing RCD fuses.
The buzzing noise indicates electrical problems that require prompt attention from an electrician.
Fuses trip to protect electrical circuits from potential damage or hazardous situations, with common causes being overload, short circuits, ground faults, and faulty appliances or devices. When a fuse trips, it interrupts the flow of current to prevent overheating, fires, or electrocution.
Frequent tripping of fuses indicates a fault may be present an inspection by an electrician is recommended.
Electric shocks from an electrical system occur when a person comes into contact with a live or energised conductor, allowing current to flow through their body.
Common causes include faulty wiring, ground faults, damaged appliances, inadequate insulation, improper grounding, and wet or damp conditions.
Burning smells in an electrical system can be caused by various factors, including overloaded circuits, damaged or exposed wiring, faulty appliances, loose connections, and worn-out components.
These issues can result in overheating or electrical arcing, which may produce a burning odour.
Consulting a certified electrician is essential to address any burning smells promptly. Your electrical system could pose a fire risk.
Signs Of Burning On Sockets & Switches
Burning signs on sockets and switches can be caused by loose connections, overloaded circuits, faulty wiring, and worn or damaged components.
These issues can result in excessive heat, sparking, or arcing, leading to visible scorch marks or discolouration on sockets and switches.
It’s crucial to address burning signs immediately.
Damage To Your Electrical System
If any part of your electrical system is accidentally damaged, it needs to be looked at and repaired by a qualified electrician.
Any Other Issues Or Concerns
If you’re experiencing any other issues or concerns with your electrical system, it’s always best to have it inspected by an electrician.
If you have an electrical emergency, please don’t hesitate to contact us using the phone number or contact form below.
Hi, I’m Terry the founder and owner of TM Hughes & Son Electrical Services
Please get in touch using the Phone Numbers or Contact Form below